Our regular Sunday services
Our Easter Cross, made with flowers brought by our Congregation
Photo By Allan Markwick
Every Sunday (except 3rd Sunday) at 9.00am
A traditional service of Hymns, Bible Readings, Sermon and Holy Communion. This is held in the Chapel on the ground floor.
Every Sunday at 10.30am
Morning Service where all-ages are catered for and a variety of music styles used. Holy Communion is celebrated on the 3rd Sunday of every month.
These services are held in the Sanctuary on the first floor. There is lift access.
The Sunday Morning Zone has four groups for children and young people of all ages.
Sunday evening, on the second and fourth Sundays
Contemporary Worship (“Newsong Cafe”) at 6.00pm, held in the old bookshop area.
What to expect at our Sunday services
Each Sunday the High Cross Community meets for corporate worship that equips us for our daily worship throughout the week ahead. Whilst content will differ each week we are always seeking:
- To praise God together in word and music
- To pray to God together for His world and His creation
- To encourage each other in our faith
- To have Bible-based sermons
- To remember we are saved through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ as we celebrate Holy Communion
Our worship styles
Our services have a relaxed formality about them and the content varies according to the worship leader.
At 9.00am our worship is led by one of our organists.
At 10.30am we use our organists and choir plus a singing group with other instruments as available. We aim to begin with lively contemporary hymns and songs and gently move to more traditional hymns later in the service.
At the 6pm service there are contemporary worship songs led on acoustic guitar and backed by a variety of instruments.
Our 9.00am service lasts around 50 minutes and our 10.30am service between 60 and 75 minutes. Both usually include a sermon of 10 to 20 minutes.
The 6pm service lasts for about 60 minutes.
At the 9.00am service we use hymn and song books and Bibles are available on request.
At our 10.30am service all hymns and songs are projected on the screen. In addition there are hymn and song books in the seats and large print versions of the hymn and song words are available on request. The Bible readings are projected on the screen and Bibles are also available in the seats.
The 6pm contemporary service starts with a social time of refreshments, followed by about 30 minutes of an informal time of worship through contemporary songs, the words of which are projected onto a screen. People are free to pray out loud and also to share stories and testimonies of what God has been doing in their lives. There is a sermon of between 15 and 20 minutes followed by a time of prayer and sometimes discussion,
At the 9am and 10:30am services there is an induction loop system for use with a hearing aid.
‘CONNECTED’ Mid week Service:
Every Wednesday, 12.45-1.15pm in the Creche room, a time of informal worship and prayer. Open to anyone wishing to have fellowship, but particularly aimed for workers in Camberley during their lunch hour.
After our 10.30am service we offer:
- Prayer Ministry in the downstairs Chapel. We have a team of dedicated Christians who are able to pray with you in confidence.
- Refreshments are served on the ground floor after our 10.30am service. Here you can meet our Church community in an informal setting.
- There is an Information Point where you can find out more about what goes on at High Cross and if you leave your name and address someone will make contact with you within a short while.
- If you wish to use the Multistory Carpark on Sunday mornings please speak to the office.